Why Golf Towels are an Important Part of Your Equipment
When asked to list the most important tools for golf, some people neglect to mention towels. Your best golf towel is a vital piece of your golf toolkit. It serves many purposes, and most golfers would be lost without it. But because they use it so often, they don’t give it much thought. Not having your towel can result in discomfort and poor shots. If you forget your towel, it could even cost you the round.
Purpose of a Golf Towel
However, having your towel will keep you comfortable and help you maintain accurate shots. This article is going to go into detail on the importance of keeping your towel with you at all times. You are going to learn how many towels you should bring with you and the type of towel you should buy. Finally, we are going to go over the different price ranges so you can find the best towel to suit your needs.
What Are Golf Towels Used For, Anyway?
Your golf towel serves the following purposes: keeping your clubs clean, keeping your clubs dry, and weather protection.
Golf towels are for absorbing moisture and drying objects like your hands, clubs, balls, etc. This is especially helpful when the green is wet from rain or a dewy morning. It is important to have a clean, dry golf club when golfing. If you don’t have a clean golf club, your shots will be less accurate and precise. You become accustomed to holding your golf club in a certain way and with a certain grip. This grip becomes a habit over time. After you get accustomed to holding your club in a certain way, anything out of place can throw your swing. If dirt or water get on your club, it will
make it difficult and challenging to maintain your normal grip. Not having a towel means you won’t be able to clean the dirt or dry the water of your golf club. This goes the same with your golf balls. Dirty and wet golf balls can affect their accuracy, spin, and loft resulting to inaccurate shots.
Having the best golf towel enables you to keep your golf club clean and dry. A clean and dry golf club allows you to maintain the grip you have become accustomed to. This means you will be able to maintain your accuracy and precision. Enhanced precision will give you a better overall score, and it will enhance your odds of winning each match. A clean golf club could make the deciding factor in an otherwise closely matched round. Part of a solid strategy includes putting as many factors as possible in your favor.
Your golf towel can also be used to protect you from the weather. It can be wrapped around your neck to keep you cool on hot days and help protect against sunburn. Towels are also useful during the rain. When it’s raining, they can be placed over your head to keep water out of your eyes.
What’s the Difference Between a Golf Towel and a Hand Towel?
Some people may think that a regular hand/bath towel and a golf towel are the same. Yes, both are used to dry and clean, but their functions and materials are different.
Bath towels are woven pieces of fabric that are either cotton or cotton-polyester that are used to dry and absorb moisture on the body after taking a bath. Bath and hand towels are generally woven with a loop that is soft and absorbent and is thus used to wick the water away from the body.
The best golf towel is made of microfiber that has a towel clip to attach on to your golf bag and a distinctive groove cleaner attached at the bottom of the towel. This towel clip allows the golfer to secure the towel in a convenient spot on the upper portion of the golf bag. It can be conveniently attached and detached it when you need to use it, change it out and wash it.
Other towel clips feature a swivel mount where a golfer attach the towel in the same way as using a standard clip.
One of the main advantages of golf towels is convenience: the player can grab the towel and pull it upwards to use it. Use it to clean the golf balls, wipe off dirt on the golf clubs or dry your hands. Just release, and it drops into position.
Materials Used In Golf Towels
Different materials serve different purposes. Towels that are made from microfiber are great at absorbing water. As a result, they are a popular choice for keeping golf clubs dry. Other materials are not as effective. If you go with a less effective material, you risk not being able to dry your clubs.
Microfiber golf towels might not be the best choice for cleaning dirt off your golf club and other equipment. Microfiber towels are great for absorbing water, but they were not designed to clean mud and dirt. If you try to use microfiber towels to clean dirt, they could break.
For cleaning dirt off of your golf equipment, you want to use Pima cotton. Pima cotton is strong and durable. It will not easily break or rip. This means it will not have to be replaced often. In addition to keeping your equipment clean, knowing which towel to use for each task will save you money.
How to Keep New Golf Clubs Shiny?
- If you’re trying to break-in your new golf clubs, you need to make them shiny and clean after every use. You should keep your new clubs clean after every round and on an off the golf course. A clean and shiny golf club will not only look better but will allow the golf ball to come off of the club with more accuracy. Frogger amphibian towels will do the job while you're on the golf course. This amphibian towel is one of the best golf accessories any player can have.
- If you need further cleaning, below are some simple steps in maintaining your new golf clubs:
- Wipe your clubs with a microfiber quality towel while on the course. Wipe your clubs after every swing because the clubs take up dirt or grass and other loose debris.
- Use bristled club cleaning tools while on the course to remove debris from the iron face during the round.
- Use the golf tees in removing fine dirt between grooves off of the course.
- Once you’re home, fill a bucket with cleaning detergent and use a damp towel to wipe and wash your club with the soapy water.
- Scrub the club with a soft-bristled brush to remove any remaining dirt or debris.
- Rinse your clubs with clean water.
- Dry your club with a superabsorbent dry towel.
- Scrub with a club cleaning product like Golf Shine. Wipe clean with a super absorbent microfiber golf towel when finished to add extra shine.
- Place your clubs back in your bag and cover them to keep them clean.
What Is the Best and Most Effective Way to Clean Your Balls Without Damaging Them?
- Start by removing any mud or dirt from the golf balls. Wipe the balls with a damp towel or rinse them with a hose.
- Fill the bucket with warm water.
- Add about half a cup to a cup of liquid dish soap to the water. Soap level will depend on how many golf balls you are cleaning and how dirty they are.
- Soak the golf balls for one to two hours.
- Remove the golf balls from the water and gently brush them to remove any dirt specifically on the dimples. Rinse them using a hose or faucet.
- Wipe the golf balls with a clean, dry towel and let them air-dry before storing them for your next game.
How many Towels Should You Keep in Your Golf Bag?
You should have at least two or three golf towels in your golf bag at all times. You need one towel for drying your equipment and another towel for cleaning dirt and mud off your golf club. The optional third towel can be used to protect you from the weather. Now, it is
Image Source: aliexpress.com
recommended to keep at least one backup towel with you. You never know what could happen.
You could drop or lose a towel, or your towel could get damaged. If you lose the towel for drying your clubs, you could be in a bad situation. Even a little moisture can throw your swing off. If you don’t have a backup, it could cost you the round. You don’t want to risk losing a round because of something that is easily preventable.
Caring for Your Golf Towel
Caring for your best golf towel is easy. However, it is important to check which material your towel is made from. Some materials can be washed in a washing machine but can’t be put in a dryer. Standard microfiber golf towels can be put in both the washer and dryer. It is important to use the gentle setting when washing your towel.
You can also use a gentle fabric softener on your microfiber towel. Your towel should be washed after every match. Dirty towels are not as effective at cleaning and removing dirt from your equipment. Dirty towels will only move the dirt and mud around without actually removing it from the golf club.
How Often Should You Replace Your Golf Towel?
If you ask ten different people how often you should replace your golf towel, you will get ten different answers. Not everyone agrees on this topic. Many people overthink this topic, so let’s keep it simple. There is not a mathematical formula that dictates how often a towel should be replaced. It is best to use your judgment. If you towel is in good condition and it still does its job, then you can keep it. If your golf towel looks like it is in bad shape and it does not get its job done, then it is time to consider getting a replacement.
Golf Towel Prices and Trends
You can find golf towels at a variety of prices. Some are $5, and others sell for $20 or more. Again, when picking a golf towel, go with one that meets your needs. Pick a quality towel that will last a long time. The Nike 14 x 14 Microfiber towel is currently trending. It is lightweight but durable. Because it is designed to be used by golfers, it will not damage the finish on your clubs. This towel is currently selling for $15.90.
Greenside by G-Towel is also trending. You can currently get a three pack for $15.95. Three towels for the price of one is not a bad deal. This towel also has a snap attachment, so you can easily attach it to your bag or cart.
While you can find discounted towels, some buyers prefer to purchase brands such as Burberry golf towel or Lacoste. Or, you can always go for the popular golf brands such as Callaway, TaylorMade, or Titleist.
Golf Towel Accessories
Golf towels accessories are also available. You can get a ring or clip so you can keep it with you on your bag or caddy without having to worry about losing it. Sometimes you can even get matching gloves. You'll see this with the pros or at tournaments (Such as the BMW tournament or Masters) since they get sponsored and branded sports towels and other golf accessories to use
Best Golf Towels Reviews – Cool Golf Towels: Brands, Ideas, and Personalization
Depending on your style, price range, and brand preferences, there are a variety of different cool golf towels you can choose from. We have compiled some of the most popular, unique, and top-rated golf towels currently available. We have grouped them into related categories below. From there, you can decide the right towel choice for you!
Monogrammed Golf Towels
Monogrammed golf towels are popular with women golfers and it would make a great gift for them. The towels can be custom made upon order and are a great of having their own personalized golf towels. And depending on the site, you can find many affordable personalized golf towels at this link Shop Monogrammed Golf Towel's.
Patterned Golf Towels
These custom golf towels are available in different patterns and not just stick to a plain single color towel sets. These patterned custom golf towels come in camo, argyle and checkered patterns. You can also get embroidered golf towels where you can have your name stitched into the towel for a more personal touch. Check out Shop Patterned Golf Towel's.
Cooling Golf Towels
- SUFFICIENT SIZE, 40" long by 13" wide, WIDER than competing products. It is easy to tie if you will be moving around a...
- CHILLS INSTANTLY, Unlike PVA material that drys to cardboard, it is silky soft, pliable, easily folds up & fits into a...
- PIONEERING & UNIQUE, As the first adopter of flat plastic ziplock bag with carabiner clip back in year 2015, Alfamo has...
Via Alfamo Cooling Towels on Amazon.com (see all colors here)
Major sporting brands like Under Armor, Puma, Wilson, and Adidas make their own cooling towel sets. These cooling towels are more affordable than most popular golfing brands, but still are quality towels and provides the same function. They are classic and sharp looking and can be used on hot days to keep your cool, literally. Shop Cooling Golf Towel's on Amazon
Random / Funny Golf Towels
- GREENSIDE TESTED - This 16" x 25" lightweight golf towel comes with a corner grommet and hook, and is 100% cotton.
- YOU BET I'D TAP THAT - Right next to the hole for the win, the crowd goes crazy...oh wait it's for a bogie. Maybe next...
- GIFT GIVING GURU - Like all of our products, Giggle Golf Towels make perfect gifts and prizes. Surprise your friends...
If you love movies like Caddyshack or Happy Gilmore, maybe you should consider getting a golf towel with a funny phrase or quote on your next golf outing. Or it could have something weird and random on it like a frog or a Guinness Beer. Or just a bright, obnoxious color so you stand out at your next golf outing. Either way, you can get this towel sets that will strike up a conversation. Shop Funny Golf Towel's on Amazon
Sports Team Towels
- Product dimensions (inches): 6 x 0.75 x 22; Weight: 0.37 lbs
- Features include: checkered scrubber design for easier cleaning, swivel clip for easy attachment and removal from golf...
- Towel is 100% cotton, 16" x 22" tri-fold embroidered towel
Shop other NFL sports team golf towels on Amazon here!
You can get customized towels that have your favorite sports team on them. Say you're a Dallas Cowboys fan or Steelers fan you can get logo golf towels to match your passion! But this isn't just for NFL football, it can be for any sport (ex. Liverpool soccer team) and any level (collegiate such as Clemson). You can get whatever logo golf towels you want with this personalized golf accessory! Shop Sports Team Golf Towel's on Amazon
Final Thoughts on The Best Golf Towels
When it comes to golf towels either for equipment or personal use, you have to buy the best golf towel available to you. Sports towels don’t need to be very expensive, but it should be a piece of golfing equipment that can make a big difference in your game without dropping a significant amount of cash. When buying your next players towel, consider the factors discussed:
- Cleaning ability