A golfer that is worth his salt knows that it’s not just about getting longer drives. He knows that it’s not about who hits the ball the farthest but it’s about who reaches the hole with the least number of strokes. With that said, any serious golfer will always be on a never-ending quest of improving his or her game. If you are someone who’s aiming to be a better golfer, then you should look into getting a golf GPS device. That’s right, GPS devices are not just used for navigating traffic-laden roads. These days, you can use the best golf GPS to help elevate your game to a whole new level.
If you are currently on the fence about getting a golf GPS device, here are some reasons that might push you to get one:
What are the Best Golf GPS Devices?
Now, let’s move on to the good stuff. Below are some of the best GPS devices that you can use to take your game to a whole new level:
- Preloaded worldwide courses (over 30,000 courses worldwide) and free lifetime course updates
- Battery life up to 3 weeks (watch mode); up to 8 hours (GPS mode)
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver for stronger signal strength and improved tracking under trees
The Garmin Approach S2 GPS Golf Watch is a top-notch choice if you’re looking for a wearable device. It is preloaded with over 30,000 courses worldwide and more courses are added via free updates. It features a highly sensitive GPS receiver that provides front, middle and back yardages. There’s also a digital scorecard so you can conveniently keep scores throughout the round. It also doesn’t hurt that the Approach S2 has a sleek design and very comfortable.
- Preloaded with 35,000+ courses in over 30 countries
- Long battery life and comfortable dual injected silicone sports band. Battery Life - 16hrs. Recharge Time - 2.5hrs
- Auto course recognition and auto hole advance with easy-to-read front, back and center distances
The Bushnell Neo Ion Golf GPS Watch is another solid wearable device that comes preloaded with over 35,000+ courses for 30 countries. The best features that we like are the auto course recognition and auto hole advance. The watch is relatively easy to use and the face is easy to read. Battery life is also pretty good as it will take you three rounds in between charges. This is a good golf GPS watch if you’re not particularly good with gadgets.
- Plays like Distance Gives The Golfer Distances To The Target, Adjusted For Uphill Or Downhill Shots. Display size : 1.5...
- Smart Notification Receive Email, Texts And Alerts From Your Iphone (4S Or Later) Directly On Your Golf...
- Club Advice Remembers how far you hit each club, and provides recommendations on which club to use based on your shot...
When it comes to GPS devices, it’s hard to go wrong with Garmin. The Garmin Approach G8 Golf Course GPS is no exception as it’s widely considered to be one of the best handheld golf GPS available. The Plays Like Distance feature gives you accurate distances to your target and even adjusted for uphill or downhill shots. The score and stat tracking are excellent, and it will even recommend the right club for each shot. This model is a good purchase if you’re looking for a high-end option.
- Distances: F/C/B to greens; layup/carry to hazards & doglegs
- Preloaded 38,000+ global course maps; no annual or download fees
- Auto course recognition & hole-advance
If you want a handheld GPS that won’t break the bank, the Izzo Golf Swami 5000 Golf GPS Rangefinder is an easy recommendation. It comes preloaded with 30,000+ courses worldwide and requires no annual fees or subscription. The auto course recognition and hole advance work really well. The device provides front, center, & back green distances, even distances of hazards and doglegs. Great device at a great price.
Take Your Game to the Next Level
Whether you’re a veteran or beginner, the best golf GPS device will not only improve your game but also your overall enjoyment of the sport. Before buying, identify your needs and buy a device accordingly. You really can’t go wrong with the devices we’ve featured above.
For more information about golf and other tips, visit AtTheTee for a wealth of resources to improve your golf game.
Last update on 2021-10-25 at 22:05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API