In order to play a great game of golf, you need to be prepared. The best way to be prepared for a day on the green is with the perfect golf bag.
Whether you’re a novice of a pro, having a well-stocked bag can help to elevate your game.
While you can find plenty of cheap golf bags online, knowing what to look for is the best way to get the most out of your purchase.
Below you will find helpful tips on finding the right bag for your needs and to fit your style.
How to Find the Best Golf Bags
Finding the right golf bag is all about knowing what to look for. Here are five tips to find the best golf bags for your game.
1. The Type of Bag
The first thing you should consider when shopping for a golf bag is what type of bag you’ll need.
Do you travel often? Golf travel bags are perfect for the golfer on the go, and they’re built to help protect your clubs from any damage.
Looking for something a little lighter? Carry bags or Sunday golf bags are perfect for golfers looking for a little flexibility on the course.
2. Bag Organization and Storage
You rely on your golf bag to store all your gear, so ensuring that your potential bag can fit it all is critical. From the top cuff design, which separates your clubs, to the internal storage compartments, be sure to open everything and make sure it works for you.
You should have enough space for your clubs, gloves, extra balls, and something to drink.
3. Lightweight vs. Big Bags
There’s a lot of walking involved in golfing, so having the right bag can make all the difference. If your local club offers carts, then having a cart bag is key for convenience.
If, however, a majority of your day on the course is spent walking, then finding a bag that is lightweight is the way to go.
These bags are designed to still offer plenty of storage space, but they also use lightweight materials and straps to make carrying them a breeze.
4. Choosing Your Brand
While you may not like to admit it, most golfers have brand favoritism. Whether you use Titleist, Callaway, of Nike, choosing your favorite brand is a great way to narrow down your bag search. All major brands offer a diverse roster of golf bags, so you can expect to find the style you’re looking for.
5. Make a Budget
Price is everything when it comes to shopping. If you want to narrow down your golf bag options, and find cheap golf bags that are still quality, setting a budget is the way to go. Golf bag prices range drastically, so setting a dollar amount ahead of time will help to prevent overspending.
Keep these five tips in mind the next time you go shopping for a golf bag. Not only will it make choosing a bag easier, but also it will ensure you’re satisfied with your purchase.
What Golf Bag Style Options are there to Choose From?
There are a few different golf bag styles on the market, and knowing which to choose is key. The most common options include:
- Golf Travel Bags: Do you often find yourself on the road? Wish you could take your golf clubs with you on those work trips? With a golf travel bag, that is exactly the point. Designed to cover your clubs completely, you can travel with peace of mind knowing that your gear is safe. This is particularly convenient for travelers who plan on checking their clubs at the gate.
- Carry Bags: Designed to be lightweight, carry bags are perfect for golfers who walk the course. While these bags may be smaller, they still store plenty of gear without causing discomfort. Carry bags come in a few different styles, including Sunday bags, which are generally the lightest bags around.
- Stand Bags: Combining the flexibility of a carry bag, with the convenience of a stand, these bags are great for solo golfers. All you have to do is set the stand while you hit your shot, and you’re ready to move on.
- Staff Bags: If you want to look like a pro on the green, the best way to go is with a staff bag. These bags are designed to last, and showcase your brand, which is great around the clubhouse. You can also expect to find generous storage for all your. While they are luxurious, be sure to have a cart or caddy, because they can be heavy.
The best golf bags are the ones that accommodate all your needs. From storage to aesthetics, be sure to find a bag you love before you hit the fairway.